Wednesday, January 8, 2014

On Wire Statues and Happiness

 

On Wire Statues and Happiness

 
 

 These figures are made of a single continues strand of floral wire.  
 I started making wire sculptures in the 8th grade I even put it into the county fair and got a sweet little ribbon but these ones I made while serving my mission.





I particularly like the snow man because of how happy he looks with his arm reaching skyward. It happened quite by accident when I put him in a box. It kind of got me thinking about how our experiences on earth help shape us for the eternities. (a bit of a streach... maybe) but really we are put in this world to find joy.
The Book of Mormon explains it well in 2 Nephi 2:25  "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." So what stops us from being the happiest beings in the universe? When we distance ourselves from God we become unhappy, but we can become happy again through Repentance. Repentace is what allows us to correct past wrong choices and make better choices in the future through the atonement of Jesus Christ.


I am of the personal opinion that the single greatest thing that prevents us from being happy a part from being unrepentant is not allowing ourselves to be ourselves and keeping unrealistic expectations of what we should be. Be you and so I can pesonally honor my advice here is the Christmas Unicorn. The Unicorn is one continuos wire and the kite is a diffrent wire here it is.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment